In this session from the 2020 GovComms Festival, we hear from the team at Accountability Lab speak about the issue of misinformation and fake news.
This panel features the following speakers:
- Sheena Adams, Global Communications Director
- Moussa Kondo, Country Director Mali
- Odeh Friday, Country Director Nigeria
- Cheri-Leigh Erasmus, Global Director of Learning
The panelists draw upon their experiences from their respective countries to give their thoughts on how governments have responded to misinformation around the world. Moussa Kondo discusses the political coup that occurred in Mali just a few weeks before the recording of this panel.
The panel discuss how Accountability Lab have worked to reduce and counter the spread of misinformation and fake news around the world.
The panel discuss the impact of misinformation and fake news on trust levels throughout the world. They also examine ways that governments can rebuild trust and counter misinformation, particularly in areas where social media usage may not be as common.
After watching this video, you will be able to:
- Understand the impact that the spread of misinformation and fake news can have on political instability and trust levels.
- Understand ways that government can stop the spread of misinformation and fake news.
Please note that this is a recording of a live presentation.