In this session from the 2020 GovComms Festival, our three panelists discuss the state of regional media in Australia. This panel features the following speakers:
- Neryl East, Conference Speaker and Facilitator at Neryl East Comms
- Jo Scard, CEO and Founder of Fifty Acres
- Simon Holt, Founder of MyCity Logan
The panelists discuss the decline of regional media in Australia over the past two decades, and what this means for government and communications professionals. Simon also touches on some of the under-mentioned opportunities that exists in the regional media industry today.
The panelists also discuss the interaction of government and regional communities, and how government can utilise regional media platforms. Jo puts an emphasis on the benefit of social media use in local communities and regional areas.
What has been the impact of the internet, online journalism and social media on regional media? And how does government take advantage of these changes to the benefit of their communications strategies?
After watching this video, you will be able to:
- Understand the effect of the internet on the landscape of regional media.
- Recognise the real opportunities in regional media.
- Identify the multiple ways of reaching regional communities in the modern media environment.
Please note that this is a recording of a live presentation.