To serve the public in the face of a rapidly-adapting health threat, the Australian Government has evolved to match.
Collaboration across federal, state and territory lines is heightened, and set to continue as the APS looks to strengthen its culture of communications and data sharing to support effective service delivery, as Philip Gaetjens, Secretary of the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet, discusses with contentgroup CEO David Pembroke on this episode of Work with Purpose.
Philip has a distinguished record, serving as the Chief of Staff to two former Treasurers, Peter Costello and Scott Morrison, and the Secretary of the Treasury before being appointed to his current position as Secretary of the Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet in September of last year.
Philip is joined by PM&C Graduate, Eleanor Kay, to reflect on the rapid pace of change inside the APS, and how he sees data, communications and a shared purpose of serving the Australian people driving the APS of the future.
Discussed in this episode:
- Changes in technology across the public service
- Minimising the economic impact of COVID-19
- The impact of the health crisis on Australians
- Building a culture of data usage and exchange across the APS
- The role of leadership communications in workplace motivation and wellbeing