It’s the largest piece of Australian Government spending in history. Now, Secretary to the Australian Treasury Dr. Steven Kennedy gives an insider’s view of the JobKeeper program.
In this unmissable episode of Work with Purpose, Secretary of the Treasury, Doctor Steven Kennedy and CEO of the Commonwealth Bank Matt Comyn is joined in conversation with Jessica Irvine, the senior economics writer for The Sydney Morning Herald and the Age newspapers.
They discuss the decision making and design of JobKeeper, why a demand-driven stimulus approach was chosen, and the differences between Australia’s and other international government fiscal responses to the pandemic.
Discussed in this episode:
- The rationale for JobKeeper and JobSeeker programs
- Avoiding a fiscal cliff and what happens next
- Where that $60 billion shortfall came from
- Keeping people in jobs and homes
- Providing certainty in uncertain times
- Using business intelligence to assess policy impact