#83 Rachael Sweeney on stakeholder engagement
Rachael Sweeney joins the podcast to talk with David Pembroke about stakeholder engagement. Rachael is the director of Collective Position, a communication and stakeholder relations company based in Melbourne, Australia. She studied public relations with a politics major at Deakin University before starting a career in government and stakeholder relations, before working on two major rail infrastructure projects in Victoria.
In this episode, Rachael discusses:
- getting government communications right
- finding stakeholders and mapping their influence
- managing antagonistic stakeholders – engaging with transparency
- delivering information – how much detail is required?
- running the consultation process – managing the bureaucracy and the elected officials
- the challenge for big infrastructure projects
- getting the public’s attention early on in the process
- the role of content
Listen to the podcast:
20 March, 2018
12 December, 2017