InTransition 128: Andrew Barr and government communications
The role of social media as a bridge between the people and the government has shown rapid growth in recent years, which has made citizens increasingly aware of hot government topics .
Talking to the Chief Minister for the Australian Capital Territory, Andrew Barr, we discuss this idea, as well as the line between truth and opinion slowly getting thinner.
For Mr. Barr, social media plays a key part to politics today, tune in to hear how this social media native leads the territory and communicates with its people online.
- The role of the ACT legislative assembly as both the local and state government and the way that allows Canberra to act quickly in public administration and reform
- Changes in the way governments interact with citizens using social media due to lack of trust they have towards traditional news platforms (newspapers, radio)
- The importance of social media for governments to reach their desired audience
- Trust between the people and the government
- Trolling on social media and political accounts
18 September, 2017
21 August, 2017