111: Leadership in the digital age, with Liz Jakubowski pt 1
In the first of a two-part series, digital maestro and director of the Ribit matchmaking platform, in Data61, CSIRO’s team Liz Jakubowski and our CEO David Pembroke discuss how to be an effective and innovative leader in the digital age. From affecting change by influencing the right people at the right time to empowering diverse teams so that they believe in themselves and their message, the conversation is a refreshing one.
Liz and David discuss a range of topics, including:
- How to affect change by influencing politicians and policymakers;
- Believing in your message;
- Delivering in promises and maintaining a good reputation;
- Pioneering the optimisation of the internet in reaching specific audiences; delivering Australia’s first-ever web forums and webcast;
- Sitting at the crux of education and digital innovation in Australia; and
- Women and diverse teams as being the key to effective shared leadership and confidence.
14 August, 2018