InTransition 110 – Elliott Franks – On connecting with niche communities through social media
Queensland government social media manager Elliott Franks lets us in on the inner workings of state government social media strategy. From the significant number of social media channels he and his small team run to how they use multiple platforms to appeal to small and passionate communities, the online expert offers up many interesting insights applicable across all levels of government and the public sector.
Franks and contentgroup’s David Pembroke cover off:
- The four Queensland government agencies Franks handles social media for, including the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries;
- The challenges facing communicators in the social media space today;
- Creating meaningful connections with passionate and often small, niche communities;
- The scope of content contributors who can help to tell a story in an authentic and engaging way; and
- Ensuring the right people with the right skills are in the right roles to make a social media strategy effective.
9 January, 2018
12 December, 2017