112: Students, skills and the future workforce, with Liz Jakubowski pt. 2
In the second and final installment of our chat with Liz Jakubowski, digital maestro and director of Ribit in Data61 at CSIRO, we discuss the foundations of and history behind Ribit. A free online matchmaking platform that connects digital and STEM students with SMEs looking to grow and compete, Ribit is helping to address skills shortages and students’ employment concerns.
Some of the talk’s discussion points include:
- Serving the community you work in;
- The story behind the Ribit name;
- How the platform is addressing skills shortages and helping to match employees to workplaces where they fit in terms of skills and culture;
- Utilising the potential of youth to grow businesses and make a difference; and
- Ribit’s road map for eventual global roll-out.
12 June, 2018
8 May, 2018
17 April, 2018