Ep #15: Breaking down silos, making room for communication, with Stephanie McCormick
To let your communication strategy flourish, you need to get everyone involved. On this week’s episode, we talk with leading social media specialist Stephanie McCormick from the Australian Catholic University (ACU) on how to get your whole organisation involved in communication.
A big part of Stephanie’s role is to find how to get everyone involved and break down traditional silos. Learn how she expressed the worth of comms and used all resources available, using digital communication to solve problems.
This week is a very valuable listen for all social media managers and specialists. Stay till the end for Stephanie’s advice on removing yourself from social media and step away from the computer!
Discussed in this episode:
- Digital communication to solve problems
- Applying law skills to the practice of communication
- Breaking down silos – telling your company story is everyone’s role
- Piecing together strong, effective communication strategy
- University tactics applicable to the public sector
- Combining traditional media with digital
- Making the most of free digital tools and platforms
- Top 5 tips for all social media managers
“Your content is in a hyper competitive world, you have to make sure that that content is relevant to that audience, and is delivered to them in the channel that they prefer, at the time that they want it, in the format that they want it. Now, it’s a big challenge and it’s a big change and it’s why this capability needs to be built over time, but that’s where government has to get to.
Government has to become better at telling their stories so they can start to rebuild the trust deficit that there is in democratically elected institutions around the world.” – David Pembroke, Founder and CEO of contentgroup
12 June, 2018
10 April, 2019
27 March, 2019