EP#33: The dos and don’ts of public sector communications, with Brent Hill
Brent Hill joined the South Australian Tourism Commission in November 2015 as a public sector marketing communications specialist with experience in advertising, digital, public relations, sponsorship and communications across the banking, retail and telecommunications sectors.
Brent has been responsible for overseeing $1.6 billion growth in the visitor economy. He played a key role in launching the new global brand for South Australia and coordinated two global television campaigns and multiple digital programs that now see the southaustralia.com attracting over 6 million visitors annually. Brent has also managed several successful marketing partnerships with platforms such as the Project, MasterChef Australia and Sports Illustrated. In 2018, Brent was recognised as #21 on the CMO50 list of Australia’s top marketers and will be speaking about public sector strategic communication in Canberra this May.
Discussed in this episode:
- Getting recognised as a top 50 CMO
- Being digital native, and taking risks in government
- Creating a point of difference
- The power of authenticity
- Pushing the creative limits of social media
- Informing instead of promoting
- Making content ‘snackable’
- Using data to increase consumer value
- An insight into the ROI metrics used by South Australia Tourism Commission.
- Brent’s tips for effective communication within government
10 December, 2019
26 November, 2019