Nick Sharp-Paul is the Head of Strategy and Communications at The Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia (SHPA). Nick graduated from the University of Melbourne with his Postgraduate Diploma of Editing and Communications in 2008. He has since filled a range of communications roles within the medical and pharmaceutical industry. Nick has worked in a range of areas, from communications research to media and strategy.
He has recently been recognised by the International Association of Business Communicators for his campaign with the SHPA. Nick received a Gold Quill Merit Award for change communication, relating to his campaign titled ‘A New Prescription: Elevating Australia’s Leading Pharmacists’. The campaign involved multiple communication channels including social media, email and radio; and produced a range of positive outcomes for the SHPA.
Discussed in this episode:
- The importance of having a clear objective
- Driving organisational change
- The challenges and learnings from Nick’s campaign
- The power of tone in message framing
- The role of visual ques in Nick’s strategy
- The value of face-to-face interaction in achieving outcomes
- Making the most of consultations and interviews
- The power of people and advocacy programs
- Leveraging third-party voice
- Effective communication: Nick’s tips for success