In this session from the 2020 GovComms Festival, we hear from three panelists about the interaction between communications and transformation.
Featured in this panel are the following speakers:
- Chris Barrett, Programme Director at Jensten Group
- Barry Anderson, Senior Communications Strategist at contentgroup
- Katrina Macdermid, ITIL Trainer
The panel discusses the role of leadership in producing clear and effective communications. Chris explains why leaders have to be on-board and on-message with the transformation strategy. The panel explain why leadership doesn’t just come from the ‘top’. It can come from the bottom as well.
The panel discuss how transformations can prepare for risks and worst-case scenarios. Barry proposes the idea that organisations should conduct pre-mortems – sessions that seek to address what the organization would do in the event of a crisis, and how crises could happen.
The panel explores the different kinds of costs of transformations, and how organisations should measure them. When does the cost of not doing a transformation outweigh the costs of doing one?
Please note that this video is a live recording of a presentation from the GovComms Festival.
After watching this video, you will be able to:
- Understand how transformations work, and where they can go wrong.
- Recognise the importance of leadership in driving transformations.
- Use communications to bolster transformation, and vise versa.
Please note that this is a recording of a live presentation.