National Cabinet has been one of the shining examples of collaboration in Australia’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The gravity, the humanity, and the collaboration demonstrated through this process has been remarkable to observe, with people at the heart of the decisions.
In this episode of Work with Purpose – A National Perspective, Sharyn O’Neill shares her experience and insights as the State Recovery Controller on Western Australia’s COIVD-19 response and recovery. She reflects on the flurry of the initial response, on the privilege she has felt in supporting the Premier in meetings of the National Cabinet, and on what the crisis has taught her about herself.
Discussed in this episode:
- The importance of understanding ‘the user experience’ when services go digital.
- The implications of ‘the digital divide’ for regional and remote communities.
- Changing mindsets around different work practices, risk appetite, and accountability.
- Rolling out a partnership approach to COVID-19 with community, business and NFP’s.
- The galvanising experience of working with the National Cabinet.