147: Tourism Australia gets creative at Super Bowl LII, with Lisa Ronson
Lisa Ronson is the Chief Marketing Officer at Tourism Australia. With extensive history in marketing, Lisa brought a unique approach to her position after working alongside national and international brands. This includes Carlton & United Breweries, Visa, David Jones and Westpac.
At the start of the year, Tourism Australia disguised a movie trailer for a Crocodile Dundeereboot as the launch for the next tourism campaign. Aiming to target high-end consumers in the USA, Lisa takes us behind the scenes of getting the $36m project off the ground and what the future holds for Brian Dundee.
Discussed in this episode:
- National branding and marketing Australia
- Value behind building personas
- Tracking audiences and putting them at the heart of planning
- Tourism Australia shifting focus from southeast Asia consumers to US
- The results of the campaign – 250,000 mentions on social media, and more
- What happens next to Brian Dundee
13 February, 2019
15 January, 2019