Sree Sreenivasan is the inaugural Marshall Loeb Visiting Professor of Digital Innovation at Stony Brook School of Journalism. During the COVID-19 crisis, he is hosting a daily global conversation with experts – and helping companies adjust to the newly virtual world.
Sree is a leading social and digital media consultant and trainer, working with nonprofits, startups, companies and executives from around the world. He has served as Chief Digital Officer of New York City, the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Columbia University (where he was a full-time professor of journalism for 20+ years).
He has also been a paid on-air tech expert for the three largest news stations in NYC. He taught a course on entrepreneurship at Columbia for four years with Ken Lerer, the co-founder of Huffington Post, chairman of Buzzfeed and co-founder of venture firm LererHippeau.
In 2015, Fast Company named him one of the 100 most creative people in business and in 2010, he was named one of the 35 most influential people in social media by the Poynter Institute. In 2014, he was named most influential CDO by CDO Club.
Check out Sree’s Daily Global COVID-19 Show here.
Discussed in this episode:
- How COVID-19 has changed New York City
- Sree’s views on the U.S response to the pandemic
- How Sree develops content for his daily show
- Why now is the perfect time to upskill and try something new
- Sree’s approach to editorial calendars and guest pipelines
- Platforms for live-streaming
- The importance of transparency in government
- Following passion over expectation