EP#50: Comms in a crisis – talking crisis management, with Elise Davidson
Elise Davidson is the General Manager of Strategic Communications at the ACCC in Sydney. There, she leads a team responsible for the agency’s media, social media, content & digital production. Her team is also responsible for employee communications, speechwriting, library & research services.
Prior to joining the ACCC, Elise was General Manager of Corporate Affairs at Vodafone where she helped to rebuild its reputation post ‘Vodafail’. She also has a strong consumer advocacy background, having led communications and media teams at ACCAN from 2010-13, and Choice from 2007-2010.
Elise has a Bachelor’s degree in Media from Macquarie University, co-authored Weird and Wonderful Jobs, and was awarded PR of the Year (in house) at the Mumbrella CommsCon Awards in 2014.
Discussed in this episode:
- Using communications to overcome the ‘Vodafail’ crisis
- Communications as a crisis management tool
- Practical tactics for relationship building and public relations
- Elise’s advice for building a great team
- Operating in a dynamic, high activity environment
- An ACCC social media success story and the benefits of paid advertising
- Making a winning business case for more resourcing
12 June, 2018
17 February, 2020
31 January, 2020