A highly sought-after keynote speaker, educator and author, Gabrielle has worked with thousands of high-profile leaders from around the world and helped several of Australia’s top 50 companies and multinationals to humanise their communications – These have included Telstra, EY, Accenture, VISA, Australia Post, National Australia Bank, ANZ, Vodafone and the Obama Foundation just to mention a few.
She holds a master’s degree in Management and Leadership from Swinburne University, an associate diploma in Education and Training from the University of Melbourne, and is a graduate of the Harvard Kennedy School of Executive Education in both the Art and the Practice of Leadership Development and Women and Power: Leadership in a New World.
Gabrielle is also the bestselling author of Real Communication: How to be you and lead true, and a finalist in the Australian Business Leadership Book Awards for 2019. Her other published books include Stories for Work: The Essential Guide to Business Storytelling (2017), Storytelling for Job Interviews (2016) and several other renowned works.
Discussed in this episode:
- Why storytelling is a skill in growing demand
- Finding a balance between vulnerable and professional
- How to influence without manipulation
- Using the heart to reach the head – the affective power of stories
- The benefits of keeping stories and data separate
- Why all leaders should strive to be authentic
- The risks of jargon and acronyms
- Keeping messages as simple as possible
- Gabrielle’s top tips for communicators