EP#47: Creating behavioural change, with Michelle Harrison
Dr Michelle Harrison is the global CEO of Kantar Public and the founding CEO of WPP Government and Public Sector Practice. She is responsible for the effectiveness of Kantar Public’s work around the world, and supports the delivery of major projects.
Michelle has worked with government and corporate clients in every continent across all aspects of public policy and public affairs. Her career to date has included time in academia, international development, strategy, marketing and social research. She is a Davos speaker, book author and the founder of the WPP Executive Education Programmes in Public Communications and Behaviour Change. She has also led the establishment of WPP Government Practice Hubs in London, Brussels, Sydney, Beirut, Singapore and Nairobi.
Discussed in this episode:
- How great campaigns can fail without adequate research and testing
- Methods of combining policy and communications
- Why the best communications outcomes are produced through a united approach
- Learning to embrace rapid technological change
- Avoiding audience isolation
- Why there is no replacement for face-to-face interaction
- What behavioural change campaigns will look like in 5 years
- The pains and gains of working with multiple communications channels
- The current opportunity for government communications