Ep #07 Digital trends and opportunity for government communication with Caroline Fisher
Find GovComms in your podcast app.
This week on GovComms we talk with Caroline Fisher, an Assistant Professor in journalism at the University of Canberra.
Caroline is a member of the News & Media Research Centre and co-author of the annual Digital News Report-Australia. Caroline is the recipient of the 2018 Anne Dunn Scholar Award and the 2017 Early Career Researcher Excellence Award in Humanities and the Creative Arts. In 2014 and 2017 Caroline was the recipient of a Vice Chancellor’s Award for excellence in teaching.
Today we discuss how to navigate changes in the digital landscape and what that means for communication professionals in government.
Discussed in this episode:
- The changes in the way Australians communicate digitally
- News literacy and consumption continues to rise in Australia
- How to overcome the fear of not knowing what works
- Social media remains as a popular tool for news consumption
- The new skills for government communicators to engage citizens
- Expanding your presence to assure you reach your whole audience
- How to give citizens the information they want
Each week a staff member puts pen to paper to write about an aspect of content communication that speaks to them, and hopefully, informs you. This is a space where our passion for writing, learning and sharing information comes to shine.
11 December, 2018
22 November, 2018