Ep #06: How to successfully navigate government communication, with Neryl East
Find GovComms in your podcast app.
This week on GovComms we talk with Neryl East, an experienced government communicator, about how to successfully and positively navigate change in our industry.
Starting her career in the late 1990s, Neryl has encountered many dramatic shifts in communication. Following the introduction of the internet and social media, Neryl was an early advocate for governments using online tools to connect directly with citizens and residents.
Today she shares tips with you on how to navigate such changes and approach your communication strategies to producing the best outcome.
Discussed in this episode:
- Why the ability to write efficiently is the key tool to online communication
- How to use curiosity to your own advantage
- Tricks to keep up with changing digital trends
- The connection between traditional media and modern communication
- Don’t be reluctant to try new tools or technology
- Seeking inspiration from local governments
Each week a staff member puts pen to paper to write about an aspect of content communication that speaks to them, and hopefully, informs you. This is a space where our passion for writing, learning and sharing information comes to shine.
21 May, 2019