EP#6: Communicate, Communicate, Communicate, with Cheryl-anne Moy
On this week’s episode of Work with Purpose David Pembroke is joined by Deputy Secretary Corporate and Chief Operating Officer of the Department of Home Affairs, Cheryl-anne Moy.
As a Deputy Secretary, Cheryl-anne’s day job is managing the seven divisions in the Federal Department of Home Affairs that deal with corporate capability not only for the Department but the Australian Border Force.
During her career in the APS Cheryl-anne has managed many large and high-profile programs including Regional Processing, Children in Immigration, Ministerial and Parliamentary Entitlements and social welfare programs in key areas including Retirement, Rural, Regional and Employment.
Prior to joining the Australian Public Service, Cheryl-anne had a successful career in Banking, Finance and Fraud investigations.
As part of her responsibilities in helping the response of the APS to the COVID-19 pandemic Cheryl has played a key role in contributing to several taskforce’s including the National COVID-19 co-ordination committee and the Chief Operating officer Committee.
Discussed in this episode:
- Working outside of your comfort zone
- Sustaining the mobility of Australian Public Servants
- The National Coordination Mechanism’s work with supply chains and community issues
- What are the main adjustments that younger or newer future leaders need to make in order to make their best contribution
- Understanding the process of policy, program, and delivery
- Leadership management during COVID-19
25 May, 2020
12 May, 2020