Service delivery has fundamentally changed in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
In Queensland, the government hasn’t waited for its citizens to come to them, it has actively pushed services out to the community.
In this episode of Work with Purpose — A National Perspective, Dave Stewart, Director-General of Queensland’s Department of the Premier and Cabinet, talks about how the public service has come together to support the response of the Premier, Cabinet and Ministers in managing the COVID-19 health and economic crises.
Discussed in this episode:
- Fundamental shifts in the way people are deployed across the public service.
- Adapting to nimbler ways of working.
- Maintaining connections between staff and the onus on managers to manage.
- Moving to virtual Cabinets and changes to Queensland parliamentary processes.
- Dramatic and rapid change in relationships within the Federation.