114: Simon Westaway, CEO of the Australian Livestock Exporters’ Council
Heading up an organisation that represents Australian livestock export businesses has its obvious challenges, says Simon Westaway. As CEO of ALEC, Simon says he’s been focusing on the framing and representation of the organisation, using skills he’s acquired over a long career focused on government relations and media management. Tune in to the podcast for the full discussion. In it, David and Simon discuss topics such as:
- The importance of framing and representation;
- Shaping a narrative in order to influence politicians;
- How to get your story in from of an MP, and make it impactful;
- Ensuring your team is made up of the right people for the jobs at hand; and
- The importance of consistency.
21 May, 2019