As one of the leading and most experienced communicators in Australia, Adrian Cropley shares with us the growing functionality of combining communication and business and the role that plays in successful leadership.
With over 20 years’ experience, Adrian has worked with a number of Fortune 500 companies in areas such as change management, crisis management and strategic communication. From this, he has perfected the skills required to be a professional communicator and build strong teams.
Described as the “friendliest man in the [comms] game”, this a great listen to better your leadership skills, working towards creating a healthy, functioning and strong comms team!
Discussed in this episode:
- The functionality of strategic communication in the late 2010s
- Turning everyone in your organisation into a pro communicator
- The evolution of communication and leadership
- When two worlds collide – business and communication
- Building the ‘comms team of tomorrow’
- The damage of the 24/7 news cycle on comms in government
- Building authenticity, stability and trust into your comms strategy
“Your content is in a hyper competitive world, you have to make sure that that content is relevant to that audience, and is delivered to them in the channel that they prefer, at the time that they want it, in the format that they want it. Now, it’s a big challenge and it’s a big change and it’s why this capability needs to be built over time, but that’s where government has to get to.
Government has to become better at telling their stories so they can start to rebuild the trust deficit that there is in democratically elected institutions around the world.” – David Pembroke, Founder and CEO of contentgroup and host of the GovComms Podcast.
Any questions on creating a content strategy of your own? Get in touch.