Ep #20: Creating your DIY newsroom, with Stuart Howie
Stuart Howie, author, communications and media consultant, journalist and speaker shares with us insights and strategies from his latest book, The DIY Newsroom.
Stuart draws on the principles and practices of newsrooms. Why newsrooms? Well, newsrooms are at the top of the content food chain – information is their reason for being.
Stuart knows a thing or two about newsrooms, having transformed newsrooms across a 30-year career as an editor and journalist, including time as editorial director for Fairfax Regional Media.
Discussed in this episode:
- What editorial operations that impacts a nation looks like. And the parts you can take and tailor to your own operations.
- The power of acting SMART™. What it is and how you can control your message for maximum impact.
- Future proofing your comms strategy for 2019
- Essentials for authentic stakeholder engagement
- Building diversity into an engaging strategy that converts
“Your content is in a hyper competitive world, you have to make sure that that content is relevant to that audience, and is delivered to them in the channel that they prefer, at the time that they want it, in the format that they want it. Now, it’s a big challenge and it’s a big change and it’s why this capability needs to be built over time, but that’s where government has to get to.
Government has to become better at telling their stories so they can start to rebuild the trust deficit that there is in democratically elected institutions around the world.” – David Pembroke, Founder and CEO of contentgroup and host of the GovComms Podcast.
Any questions on creating a content strategy of your own? Get in touch.
21 May, 2019