On this episode of GovComms, contentgroup CEO, David Pembroke, sat down in #studio19 with CEO of the Australian Academy of Technology and Engineering, Kylie Walker. She gives us a masterclass of advice.
Kylie works everyday to open doors and create opportunities for people in STEM. She specialises in connecting technologists, engineers and scientists with governments, business, media and society – skills built over many years in senior federal communication and advocacy roles in the science, technology and health sectors.
Kylie teaches us how to build communications plans into the workforce from day one.
Her secret tip – repeat your message until you throw up.
Listen to the episode to find out exactly how to build relationships that create meaningful dialogues, empower change, and promote sustained engagement.
Discussed in this episode:
- Providing advice to government
- Building relationships between academia and the private sector
- How to create authentic connections in the workplace
- The importance of repeating your message, again… and again…
- Kylie’s strategic oversight framework
- Why we need to invest in digital skills