We are coming into the golden age of communications. Perhaps the most important thing a government can do, is communicate effectively with their citizens.
Communicators are the people in control. They make sure that information is available and importantly, accessible, to citizens.
The technology has increased the visibility of communications systems, but what hurdles come with these advances?
What are the challenges facing government departments? And where does change comes from in the public sector?
In this episode of GovComms, contentgroup CEO, David Pembroke, is joined by the Head of GovCom Group, Alun Probert.
Before heading up GovCom Group, Alun spent nine years as the Executive Director of Strategic Communications in the NSW Government, with the responsibility for advertising and digital policy including managing the NSW Governments and Premier’s website, overseeing approval of Government and all advertising campaigns and managing whole of Government media contracts.
Alun’s global communication experience spans 25 years. In this conversation from the archive, Alun shares valuable insights on adopting new media and the opportunities within content marketing.
Discussed in this episode:
- Opportunities for content marketing in government – what does success look like?
- Understanding how people consume government media
- Aligning a communication plan to strategic objectives
- Setting ambitions and achieving measurable targets
- Clear communication – removing barriers that connect government to citizens
- The evolution of information and communications technology