Ep#27: Strengthening Government Communications. How and Why, with Sheena Ireland
Sheena Ireland is the founder and director of communications consultancy: Specialists in Communications. She has held senior communications positions in government and industry, including areas such as science and research, automotive, arts and sport. Her 16 years’ experience working with government and industry includes working as the Director of Stakeholder Relations at the Australian Research Council, Media Adviser to a Federal Government Cabinet Minister and Communications Manager for the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries.
Sheena has spoken at government and small business conferences and seminars on the importance of communications strategy, the power of social media and the need for stakeholder engagement in any communications plan. She has also facilitated panel and ‘in-conversation’ discussions on meaningful connection, our quest for happiness, and mental health and wellbeing.
Discussed in this episode:
- The impact of changing technology on government communications
- How pace and efficiency are impacting communication
- Why communicators should always have a seat at the table
- An introduction to Sheena’s new platform: Our Comms Network
- Sheena’s advice for all government communicators
- The future direction of government communications