149: The future of government and public participation, with Kylie Cochrane
Public participation (P2) is a core principle of contemporary politics and policy and is used to involve people and communities in problem-solving and decision-making discussions.
In order to understand the importance of P2, we talk with Kylie Cochrane this week on the role it plays in infrastructure projects, the future of P2 in the digital age and ways governments can do public participation effectively.
Both an International Board Member for the International Association of Public Participation (IAP2) and the Global Lead for Communication and Stakeholder Engagement at Aurecon, Kylie is a bit of a rock star in the world of public participation.
Discussed in this episode:
- Social Triangle Theory at the heart of infrastructure projects
- Trust decreasing in Australia and how public participation can save it
- Building a community and making them stay
- Effectively using storytelling and creating a strong narrative
- The future of IAP2 Australasia working with the United Nations
15 October, 2019
1 October, 2019
16 September, 2019