Ep#29: Government to client. Measuring the effectiveness of experiences, with Jo’Anne Langham
Jo’Anne Langham is an experienced independent consultant with a strong background working in public policy. Her capabilities include human-centred design, statistical data analysis, and public administration. Jo’Anne holds a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) focused on economic psychology – tax compliance at the University of Queensland.
She formerly worked as a Senior Director of Corporate Research and Intelligence at the Australian Taxation Office where she created a professional social research capability. She has also acted as a Governance Review Lead responsible for managing stakeholder relationships and the design of new operating models.
Jo’Anne’s latest Ph.D. work has investigated citizen experience measurement from a public sector perspective. Her framework titled ‘XE Heuristics’ looks at measuring the effectiveness of client and citizen focussed design.
Discussed in this episode:
- The origins of citizen focused experience design
- Government adoption of a citizen-focussed approach
- The importance of measuring and modifying design
- Developing metrics for client experiences
- An introduction to Jo’Anne’s experience measurement framework
- Creating customer journey maps
- Using the framework to improve public sector outcomes
10 April, 2019
27 March, 2019
13 March, 2019